Wednesday 9 November 2011

Recent Work

I am currently working on 3 projects- a technical project where I am developing and making my own earthenware glazes, an externally set brief for Plymouth Museum and a competition to design and make the award for next years Media Innovations Award. I have also been making some more slip cast pieces that I started developing last term, to try and sell at a number of events being run at PCA.

These are a number of small glaze test pieces I made for the technical project. I practiced throwing off the hump and this has helped me greatly in learning how to centre large pieces of clay, as well as practising the delicate hand movements involved in pulling up and shaping on a small scale.


This is a plinth idea I first had for the Media Innovations Award, however I have decided that I will not continue with this idea. 

 This is a maquette showing ways in which I can interpret their logo into a 3D award design.

Other thrown vessels which can be used in an interpretation of the spikes on the logo.

My plan for the Plymouth Museum brief is to bring one of the scenes on the Chinese or Chinoiserie porcelain "to life" i.e making it as a 3D sculpture rather than as a painting. These are images of a slab built Chinese house that I have made, based on one on a piece of porcelain.



This is a piece meant to mimic a Chinese tree. I have used a small extruder to produce lengths of clay which I have screwed into a ball to form the leaves of the tree. 


Slip cast bowls to sell at PCA.



No comments:

Post a Comment